We are extremely pleased to announce a first of its kind for Medina County
The Children’s Center of Medina County (CCMC), the Battered Woman’s Shelter of Summit and Medina Counties (BWS), and the Medina County SPCA have come together with a campaign entitled “Any Abuse Affects All” to help bring awareness and prevent acts of violence and neglect against humans and animals.
While abuse and negelct happens every day and these three organizations continue to serve the Medina County 365 days a year, for the month of February, we are asking the community help us to raise awareness of the realities of the abuse happening in Medina County.
One of the most effective ways to help a victim of child abuse or animal abuse and/or neglect is to report your concerns.
If you suspect a child is being abused, it should be reported to the Medina County Job and Family Services’ Child Abuse Hotline: 330-661-0800.
If you suspect animal abuse or neglect, it should be reported to Medina SPCA. This line and it’s messages are monitored 24/7.
For support as a victim of domestic violence or to seek resources for friends or family members who are victims call the 24-Hour Crisis Hotline of the Medina County Battered Women’s Shelter: 877-414-1344.
If you would like more information about this Coalition Against Abuse or the agencies involved, please feel free to contact us.
Rhonda Wurgler, MPA, Executive Director – Children's Center of Medina County
Anne Face, Director of Services – Battered Women’s Shelter of Summit & Medina Counties
Shannon Waller, Executive Director – Medina County SPCA
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please find it in your heart to donate to our Annual Campaign.
Your support truly helps children!
You can either donate through PayPal by clicking below or you can mail all donations to:
The Children's Center of Medina County
200 Highland Drive Medina Ohio 44256
Please make checks out to The Children's Center of Medina County.
Protectors' Circle donation levels:
Or any amout of your choice
Donate online now through PayPal
If you have any questions or would like further information, please feel free to contact Rhonda Wurgler, Executive Director, at 330-764-8891, ext. 214.
Thank you so much to everyone who joined us for our first annual Art with A Heart with Children. Thank you so much to our Sponsors
The Mission of the Children's Center of Medina County is to Nurture abused and neglected children through collaboration, advocacy, treatment, and prevention.
The Children's Center of Medina County goals are:
- to provide consistent and compassionate care and support to children and their non-offending caretaker(s).
- to reduce the number of needed interviews for children who have experienced sexual abuse.
- to ensure the childs entire physical health with timely medical evaluation.
- to promote healing by ensuring each child receives the appropriate healthcare treatment plan.
- to increase the prosecution of those who sexually abuse children.
- to provide a family friendly place where children in foster care and their families can remain connected during their time of separation.
- to increase public awareness of child sexual abuse.
- to provide prevention strategies and programing to prevent child sexual abuse for those who care for children.
Advocating, Educating, and Empowering children and those who provide for them.
The Children's Center is located at 200 Highland Drive, Medina Ohio
Phone: (330) 764-8891 Fax: (330) 764-8893